Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter.

3 ingredients and 5 minutes are all you need to make this lip-smackin’ cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter at home. Grab a spoon.

3 ingredient and 5 minutes are all you need to make this lip-smackin' cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter at home!

This jar. This peanut butter. This spoon. Nothing more, nothing less. Plopped on the couch, Friends DVD marathon, and last minute wedding chaos on Friday nights.

Could I BE more boring?

But no one is boring when cinnamon raisin swirl (!!) peanut butter is in hand.

I don’t know about you, but I have about 10 different jars of peanut butter open at any given time. Some in the refrigerator, some in the pantry, some flavored, some crunchy, creamy, natural, homemade, and everything in between. Since there is clearly a reason for yet another kind of peanut butter to cramp my kitchen, I made this homemade version.

And let me tell ya. It’s a doozy.

It’s a copycat version of Peanut Butter & Company’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl flavor. My homemade version is just as tasty, though it’s a little cheaper, much smoother, more cinnamony (technical terms here), and the raisins aren’t rock solid.

If you’re a peanut butter lover, you have to try this homemade flavor. Homemade is SO much easier than you think – and you have control over the ingredients so no junk can sneak in. Homemade peanut butter > commercially processed peanut butter.

The base of this recipe is my homemade honey roasted peanut butter. I can honestly say that I make that recipe more than any other recipe on my blog. About once a week. It’s THAT good. But (gasp!) today’s flavored version may surpass it.

Start with honey roasted peanuts. Why those and not plain peanuts, you ask? Well, this flavored peanut butter is sweet, so you’ll want the sweetness from honey roasted peanuts. Trust me, they make the best peanut butter.

Process the into a smooth consistency. Use a high powered food processor or blender. I love using my very affordable Ninja Master Prep for peanut butter. Another great option? A Vitamix. Homemade peanut butter will always be a little grainier than commercially processed, but you’ll love the texture.

Add cinnamon. Add raisins. That’s right, 3 ingredients total. 3 ingredients and 5 minutes to create a tasty, wholesome peanut butter your family will love. Told ya, it’s so easy.

Cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter pairs well with:

Spread the love. This peanut butter goes well with just about anything.

Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter by sallysbakingaddiction.com

The bites with the raisins are the best ones. :)

*Peanut butter’s taste will be different if you use different peanuts. For best results, follow the recipe as written.

PrintPrint SaveSave

Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter

3 ingredient and 5 minutes are all you need to make this lip-smackin' cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter at home. Quick, grab a spoon.

Yield: about 1.5 cups of peanut butter

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Total Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:

• 1 and 1/2 cups honey roasted peanuts*
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions:

First, make sure you have a quality food processor/blender. I linked to two above in the post.

In the food processor, process peanuts until the nuts go from coarsely chopped to finely ground. Stop and scrape down the sides as needed. Process again until the peanuts resemble a thick and relatively smooth peanut butter. This will take a couple straight minutes of processing.* Add the raisins and cinnamon and pulse gently a few times until mixed.

Taste the peanut butter. Do you want more cinnamon? Add more cinnamon. Want more raisins? Add more.

Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. It won't last that long!

*Instead of honey roasted peanuts, try using dry-roasted plain peanuts and adding 1 Tablespoon of honey. If your peanuts are unsalted, you'll likely have to add salt to taste.

*You may add 1 Tablespoon of a neutral tasting oil (canola oil, peanut oil) during the blending process if your nuts aren't processing. Usually honey roasted peanuts have a little extra oil in their coating which makes them easy to process. I never add oil.

Try the peanut butter in these flourless peanut butter cookies!

8 ingredient Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies - soft, chewy, simple, and gluten free!

See more peanut butter recipes.

Q: Quick, what’s your favorite season of Friends?

Are those your teeth???

83 Responses to “Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Peanut Butter.”

Lynnposted August 14, 2014 at 5:13 am

I’ve started making peanut butter almost identical to this flavor based on one of our favorite jars that we can only get in New York! My husband asked me to recreate it, and I looked at him like he was crazy. It’s TOO EASY! PS I’ve been known to sit in front of Friends with a jar of peanut butter and mini marshmallows. Perfect dipping snack!

• Tom @ Raise Your Gardenreplied on August 14th, 2014 at 8:55 am

Lynn I agree it’s the perfect dipping snack. I have never made my own but am looking forward to trying!

• Sallyreplied on August 14th, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Lynn, we have PB/Friends/mini marshmallows in common. Among many other things!

Kristin Threlkeldposted August 14, 2014 at 5:18 am

My mouth is watering right now…

Averie @ Averie Cooksposted August 14, 2014 at 5:20 am

You know what’s funny…I haven’t done a homemade PB recipe in like…6 months? Or more. And I have one…for Monday. I’ve had it made for like 6 weeks and Monday is the date I penciled in for it. And I know you haven’t had one in ages either. We couldn’t plan this :)

When I was writing and taste-testing PB Comfort, I remember making one very similar to this and loving it. Cinnamon, raisins, cannot go wrong! Pinned :)

• Sallyreplied on August 14th, 2014 at 2:53 pm

Haha that’s funny. A reader requested I make this version and it was so easy to recreate at home. Now I love it even more than the regular honey roasted!

Caitlin @ teaspoonposted August 14, 2014 at 5:33 am

You’re Friday nights sound pretty perfect to me. Especially if this PB is in hand!! Hope the wedding chaos is at least fun chaos :)

• Sallyreplied on August 14th, 2014 at 2:52 pm

It is. :) Thanks Caitlin, I appreciate it!

Kerry @ Kerry Cooksposted August 14, 2014 at 5:56 am

Ooh this is so perfect for autumn! Homemade peanut butter is SO good – I need to make some soon!

Maryea {happy healthy mama}posted August 14, 2014 at 6:08 am

This looks incredible! No shame in eating this straight from the spoon. ;-)

Caleyposted August 14, 2014 at 6:22 am

I hope you saw some great Friends episodes to relax and laugh! I know just what you mean about the rock-hard raisins in PB&Co’s version…so I’m glad you fixed that problem! :D I wonder how this would be with craisins or dried cherries…sort of like a grown-up jelly swirl?

• Sallyreplied on August 14th, 2014 at 2:52 pm

mmm… I think I want to try it with dried cherries. Right up my alley Caley. You have the best ideas!

Mirposted August 14, 2014 at 7:12 am

Nothing is more exciting an a Friends marathon with PB. I kid you not. In fact, I am now inspired. Hello, tonight!
    I’m getting on this PB train, too. I wanna eat this with cinnamon raisin toast! And cinnamon raisin bagels! Too much?

• Sallyreplied on August 14th, 2014 at 2:51 pm

NEVER TOO MUCH. I just started season 1 DVD and I’m watching the one with “on second thought, gum would be perfection” hahahaha

Stephposted August 14, 2014 at 7:18 am

Who doesn’t love a spoon full of homemade PB?! Yummy!

Lauren @ Hall Nestingposted August 14, 2014 at 7:42 am

I have actually never made homemade PB! Lately I have been buying it at the farmers market but definitely want to try this out especially with the addition of cinnamon. I don’t know why but anything cinnamon makes me want to be a little kid again.

• Sallyreplied on August 14th, 2014 at 2:50 pm

I grew up eating cinnamon everything, Lauren. Like cinnamon-sugar on toast. You will love this homemade PB and it is just SO easy to make. Let me know if you try it!

Danielle @ Chits and Chats and Chocolateposted August 14, 2014 at 7:54 am

I have an obsession with making homemade peanut butter as well, I always deliberately close my pantry when company comes over so that they don’t see the dozen jars front and center, awaiting peanut butter emergencies! This will just have to be added to the stash!

• Sallyreplied on August 14th, 2014 at 2:49 pm

I’m definitely embarrassed at how many peanut butter jars I have and how little other snack food I have haha. My pantry is all peanut butter and chocolate chips lol.

jamie leeposted August 14, 2014 at 8:00 am

Yay yay yay!!!!! Thank you so much for the recipe! I’ve been crossing my fingers daily for it to appear. You are the best blogger Sally! Making this tonight…if I can beat the tiredness of back to school with a class full of kindergarteners!

• Sallyreplied on August 14th, 2014 at 2:48 pm

You’re very welcome Jamie Lee!!! Knew you’d be happy today ;) Let me know how you like it! I just had my 287594574th spoonful of it today.

• jamie leereplied on August 16th, 2014 at 8:47 pm

I’ve eaten this on anything and everything possible today! Including your whole wheat pancakes. So good! This is exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you so much for making it happen!

Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spiceposted August 14, 2014 at 8:02 am

What a fabulous flavor of peanut butter, Sally! It’s making me wish I had this for breakfast. And I love how simple this is, too!

Michele @tworaspberriesposted August 14, 2014 at 8:41 am

gimme a big spoon please, and I’ll eat it right from the jar :-) Sally this looks awesome! totally Pinned!

• Sallyreplied on August 14th, 2014 at 2:48 pm

it tastes the best right from the jar anyway.

Kellyposted August 14, 2014 at 9:04 am

I have never had cinnamon swirl peanut butter…clearly i’m missing out. Drooling here thinking of it..love that there will be chunks of raisins in this! Such a simple recipe Sally! I totally am going to make this soon…just in time for apple season ;) You’re so smart! Thanks for sharing!!

Cate @ Chez CateyLouposted August 14, 2014 at 9:33 am

Sally that doesn’t sound boring at all, that sounds like a perfect evening to me!! And this pb looks perfect! I love the cinnamon raisin flavor of PB & Co, so I know I would love a homemade version even more! Especially with apples, yum!! I’m getting very excited for your upcoming wedding :)

• Sallyreplied on August 14th, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Thanks Cate! Only 37 more days! It’s insane. Let me know if you try this homemade PB!

Katyposted August 14, 2014 at 9:48 am

Guess what they don’t block at work…sallys baking addiction! this looks so yummy. only problem is now i have to buy a food processor. ((i know you are shocked that i don’t have one).

Please be prepared as this is what is entertaining me today so I might be commenting everywhere.

• Sallyreplied on August 14th, 2014 at 2:46 pm

KATYYY see you in 3 hours. I’m bringing you some treats I made today. =) I’ll help you pick out a food processor because you have to make homemade PB!

Julie @ Lovely Little Kitchenposted August 14, 2014 at 9:55 am

Oh my goodness Sally! Yum!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes)posted August 14, 2014 at 10:08 am

Wow I can’t believe how simple and easy this is!!

Trisha @ Home Sweet Homemadeposted August 14, 2014 at 10:23 am

I love how you make things that are so simple yet so amazing!

I can’t wait to try this on toast :)

Rebecca @ Dorm Room Bakerposted August 14, 2014 at 10:28 am

Thank you for the raisins! Haha. Almost everyone seems so afraid of them that I rarely see them in recipes, which makes me pretty sad. I can’t wait to try this out once I get to school (my sister’s allergic to peanuts, but if she wasn’t I’d go home and make some asap.)

• Sallyreplied on August 14th, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Raisins are absolutely one of my favorite foods, happy you’re with me in that!

Laurposted August 14, 2014 at 10:37 am

I used to watch Friends so much in elementary school. I remember having 3 way phone calls with my two best friends while the episodes ran each night. Good times. I don’t remember the seasons, though, because (shockingly) I don’t know if I’ve seen them all (!!!).

I love PB&Co’s peanut butters! They are probably in my top 5 but since I have about 10 jars open at a given time my favorites are ever-evolving haha!

• Sallyreplied on August 14th, 2014 at 2:40 pm

3 way phone calls – hahaha my friends and I did that in middle school. You have to try this homemade PB&Co!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweetposted August 14, 2014 at 11:34 am

Oooo! This PB sounds like heaven! Pinned!

Stacey@Bake.Eat.Repeat.posted August 14, 2014 at 12:03 pm

I’ve been meaning to try making homemade peanut butter for a while now, this may make it happen! It’s funny, I was just telling my mother-in-law that she was crazy for sprinkling cinnamon on her peanut butter toast, but apparently peanut butter and cinnamon are a thing so I guess I’m wrong and will have to try it! Also, Friends is the best and if there was a marathon on here on a Friday night I would totally be doing the same thing!

• Sallyreplied on August 14th, 2014 at 2:38 pm

The best way to spend a friday, right?!? And cinnamon/PB is an underrated combo. You’ll love it Stacey!

Sheenaposted August 14, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Hi Sally, I absolutely love Peanut Butter and Company’s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl PB. I always have it in my pantry because it’s my favorite, but I have to order it online to get it. Thank you for posting this recipe – I can’t wait to try it. I made your Strawberries n Cream Crumb cake last night. So delicious!!

• Sallyreplied on August 14th, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Yes, it’s my favorite flavor! But it really gets expensive. Let me know when you try it – and I love that crumb cake recipe. =)

elisabethposted August 14, 2014 at 1:02 pm

Sally I LOVE Friends! I watch it (I own the entire series) all the time!!! Yay for Friends on a Friday night! No favorite season- they are all great! :)
    I even got my husband watching with me! Haha.
    Love your blog!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! :)

• Sallyreplied on August 14th, 2014 at 2:36 pm

Hahaha yes I have the series on DVD too. Thanks for the congrats Elisabeth!

mauraposted August 14, 2014 at 2:07 pm

I live in Italy and honey roasted peanuts are impossible. Could I add honey to the mixture to substitute?

Bless you Sally and all your hard, hard work to promote peanut butter and all its awesomeness!

• Sallyreplied on August 14th, 2014 at 2:35 pm

Hi Maura – see the recipe notes. Thank you and enjoy!

Jenniferposted August 14, 2014 at 5:56 pm

I also added a little honey. .. my dad said that makes it thicker? …. and you said it needs to be refrigerated? Is that necessary?
    Thanks!

• Sallyreplied on August 15th, 2014 at 12:15 pm

If you don’t have a quality high speed processor or blender it will take several minutes of processing, stopping, stirring, processing some more to obtain the creamy consistency. I would process the peanuts for longer until you reach the consistency you like. I find honey makes it smoother, as does a little oil as mentioned in the recipe notes.

Jessica @ Sweet Menuposted August 14, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Lip smackin alright! That looks amazing!

amanda @ fake gingerposted August 14, 2014 at 6:51 pm

This looks AWESOME! I’m like you, I have 1 PB jar going right now, 2 almond butters, and 2 sunbutters. I’m an addict.

I need to buy that Ninja thing because I don’t have anything powerful enough to make this! And I neeeeeeed to make this!

• Sallyreplied on August 15th, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Sounds like my pantry Amanda!

Heather @ Shards of Lavenderposted August 14, 2014 at 9:43 pm

I love making my own homemade peanut butter, but hadn’t used honey roasted peanut until you mentioned it a while back. What a difference it makes! My Ninja makes easy work of it and it tastes so much better than store-bought. Love that you added raisins and cinnamon; I will definitely be trying this version!

• Sallyreplied on August 15th, 2014 at 12:10 pm

Thanks Heather and I’m glad that I got you into using honey roasted peanuts. They’re so good as PB!

ahuposted August 15, 2014 at 8:50 am

This looks amazing and MUCH better than the $7 jar from the local bodega in NYC!! Can’t wait to try it – thank you for sharing!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebelposted August 15, 2014 at 10:50 am

I’m clearly missing out by still using jarred peanut butter — making my own sounds so much more delicious and economical, especially if I can make badass flavors like cinnamon raisin swirl! SO YUMMY!

Phillip || SouthernFATTY.composted August 15, 2014 at 1:16 pm

I’ve been on an oatmeal cookie kick this summer. I think I’ll throw some of this into the mix next time!

Medha @ Whisk & Shoutposted August 15, 2014 at 3:27 pm

I have all the ingredients to make this… and I totally will ASAP! I trust your peanut butter expertise (I still make your PB fudge ALL the time). Yum :)

PJposted August 15, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Two of my favorite flavores, peanut butter and cinnamon raisen combined! I have to try this!

Mylaposted August 15, 2014 at 4:43 pm

I’ve tried and tried to get my homemade PB to be as smooth as yours and I’ve not ever been successful. I use my Ninja, but feel like I’m going to burn it up running it for so long. I’m actually on my second motor because I DID fry the first one… :) Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated because this recipe looks BANGIN’!!!

• Sallyreplied on August 16th, 2014 at 7:32 am

How about a little oil as suggested in the recipe? Thanks Myla.

DessertForTwoposted August 15, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Girlfriend! I love the sound of this raisin cinnamon peanut butter! I love raisins! I don’t know why so many people dislike them these days. Oh well, more for us! :)

• Sallyreplied on August 16th, 2014 at 7:30 am

Exactly, Christina. More for US. =)

pam (Sidewalk Shoes)posted August 15, 2014 at 10:51 pm

I just made some homemade almond butter that was fantastic, so I am all about homemade nut butters now! Definitely going to try this!

Kate @ Diethoodposted August 16, 2014 at 12:27 am

Oh me GOSH! Just the sound of this is making my heart happy!! We can SOOOO watch Friends with jarS of this amazing stuff in front of us!

• Sallyreplied on August 16th, 2014 at 7:28 am

YES. It has to happen, Kate. :)

Chelsea @chelseasmessyapronposted August 16, 2014 at 1:30 am

I have bought some cinnamon raisin peanut butter and it was my FAVE! I can’t wait to re-create it with this amazing recipe! Pinned :)

Stephanie @ Long Distance Bakingposted August 16, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Between the creamy pb, crunchy pb, honey pb, nutella, cookie butter all sitting cozy in my kitchen…why not add one more! This sounds fantastic! And the cinnamon just makes me think fall…love this idea! :)

• Sallyreplied on August 17th, 2014 at 10:28 am

Why not?! That’s the attitude, Stephanie! ;)

Natalie Munroeposted August 17, 2014 at 1:10 am

Hi Sally!

I’m fresh back from vacation in wine country –great wine, delicious food, beautiful scenery! HEAVEN!– and I discovered today that while I was away, someone opened the jar of honey roasted peanuts I bought to make your regular PB recipe. So I guess now I have to get on it sooner rather than later before my peanuts get stale. But also, just today, I was thinking I might have a little back-to-school party for my daughters and serve cute and yummy snacks. This PB with some apple dippers seems like it would be a totally fun way to go; I would never have thought to do cinnamon-raisin pb. And thanks for adding that list of suggestions for how to serve it because I was thinking, “Hmm… sounds good but would I put it on a sandwich??” then BAM! You gave lots of great ideas. Hurrah!

As for the Friends question: I don’t have a single favorite season, but all of my favorite episodes seem to revolve around Ross in the midst of a debacle. In addition to the white-teeth episode you referenced (“What’s the matter with ME? You’ve got a black light! It’s 1999!”), I love the one with his leather pants, his too-large couch, and his spray tan. Ahhh, Ross.

Here’s links to youtube for those hilarious moments. Hahahahaha.

Paste Pants — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3k18-LmaxM

Pivot! — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tam7KO4qhUI&list=FLPoqi-DhjJ5GD5CDko47Y1A&index=2

On the sun — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvVT3N5dZq4&list=FLPoqi-DhjJ5GD5CDko47Y1A&index=2

Thanks for the recipe AND for the laughs!

• Sallyreplied on August 17th, 2014 at 10:21 am

Hahahaha Natalie, my favorite moments are when Ross was going through his rage or just after. And PIVOT is the besttttt episode. The apple dippers and this peanut butter is the perfect snack for the back to school party!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crustposted August 17, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Okay, so I’m not a raisin person, but this is right up my alley because you pulsed them. This is the perfect spread for my mid-morning snack!

Rachaelposted August 18, 2014 at 12:14 pm

This looks to die for, I must have this in my life!! Yum Yum!

Robinposted August 18, 2014 at 3:42 pm

OK so I just tried this recipe with my Ninja, and the PB looked nice and creamy before I added the cinnamon and raisins. My daughter was helping with the pulsing, and it kind of seized up when I added the cinnamon and raisins and got kind of granular and dry again. I tried adding some oil but it didn’t really help and also the PB was smoking when I took the lid off of the base. Did I overmix it? I have never made PB before from scratch. I was thinking next time I should make the PB first with just peanuts, remove them from the Ninja, then pulse the raisins and cinnamon together and stir it by hand into the PB. Has this ever happened to you? …PIVOT!…and the leather pants “it seems to have made a paste!”

• Sallyreplied on August 18th, 2014 at 6:28 pm

It sounds like your ninja overheated. Is it old? Mixing the raisins and cinnamon by hand is just fine. And I nearly cried with laughter reading “it seems to have made a paste!” Hahahahahahaha

Robinposted August 19, 2014 at 8:46 am

It is actually quite new, so hopefully I did not do any damage to it. I make smoothies with it pretty much every day. I am thinking I might have to make some muffins and use the PB as a crumble topping…

“Did I? It does sound like something I would do!…” -Ross

• Sallyreplied on August 19th, 2014 at 2:17 pm

Hahahahahahaha the Ross quote. “I didn’t propose!” I can’t get enough. I love that episode.

Amy @ Amy's Healthy Bakingposted August 21, 2014 at 10:03 pm

My Friday nights are even worse than yours! I’m always by myself (well, unless you count our dog… then it’s officially a Girls’ Night In! ;) ) because it’s my guy’s only night to hang out with friends, so I basically watch baseball games or reruns of any Food Network shows I missed during the past few months. And eat leftovers. While maybe binging on Pinterest. Sounds like I need to try jazzing up my nights with homemade PB — this version sounds incredible!

• Sallyreplied on August 22nd, 2014 at 2:25 pm

Your friday nights sound perfect Amy ;)

Maddyposted August 27, 2014 at 7:59 pm

I was wonder what brand the glass jars you used in the picture are, and if they are canning jars? Thanks for the recipes!

• Sallyreplied on August 27th, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Hi Maddy, this jar had store-bought jam in it.

Laurieposted September 4, 2014 at 6:25 pm

when I made the peanut butter, it turned out really crumbly and not spreadable at all. It looked nothing like your picture! Do I need to add more raisins? I tried adding some agave and it seemed to help a bit, making it a bit more spreadable, but I don’t want it overly sweet.

by the way, I bought Ninja like you recommended and just LOVE it!

• Sallyreplied on September 4th, 2014 at 6:38 pm

Hey Laurie! Did you add oil as suggested? And were your peanuts dry roasted?

• Lauriereplied on September 4th, 2014 at 7:58 pm

I don’t see where the recipe says to add oil. I just put in the three ingredients you listed. I used 1/2 regular peanuts and 1/2 honey roasted.

btw, I have tried about 20 of your recipes with outstanding results! they are great ! I especially like your healthy choices.

I made the Skinny Mint Chocalate Milkshake, and it THE BEST milkshake I have ever had in my life!!!

Right now I am making the Skinny PB Banana Muffins.

one last thing: my husband wants CRUNCHY chocolate chip cookies. I prefer soft and chewey myself, but do you have any suggestions? thx!!!!

you are doing an awesome job with your recipes. Keep them coming!!