While yesterday was the last recipe in the 2016 cookie palooza, today is the official last day (sad!!). But it’s all good because we have so much cookie baking ahead of us these next 2 weeks. Today I’ve gathered 50 more tried-and-true recipes for Christmas cookies, both from around the web and some of my own favorites.
Let’s gather in the kitchen with our loved ones and spend time creating delicious sugary creations from scratch. Here are plenty of cookie ideas to inspire you from festive and simple to ooey gooey and melt-in-your-mouth irresistibility.
Super Festive Christmas Cookies
- Chewy Christmas sprinkle cookies on Namely Marly
- Red velvet sugar cookies on Wine and Glue
- Maple cinnamon stars (oh the flavor!)
- Brown butter sugar cookies (I repeat, oh the flavor!)
- Slice ‘n’ bake Christmas tree cookies on Mom Loves Baking
- Spritz cookies on Rasa Malaysia (love these!)
- Cranberry orange linzer cookies on Jessica Gavin
- Candy cane kiss cookies
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Stained Glass Window Cookies
- Soft-baked white chocolate chip cranberry cookies
- Peppermint snowball cookies on Mom on Timeout
- Magic 5 cookies aka white chocolate, cranberries, coconut!
- Hot chocolate cookies (!!!) on Love From The Oven
Chocolate to the Max
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Nutella stuffed deep dish gingerbread cookie on Cafe Delites
- Chocolate cherry blossom cookies
- Chocolate toffee cranberry cookies on Taste and Tell
- Mexican hot chocolate snowball cookies on Love & Olive Oil
- Butterscotch toffee chocolate fudge cookies
- Chocolate gooey butter cake cookies on Dessert for Two (the real deal from my St. Louis living friend!)
- Chocolate dipped almond biscotti
- Flourless (GF) dark chocolate almond butter cookies
- Chewy chocolate chip cookies
- Salted caramel dark chocolate cookies
- Salted chocolate pistachio shortbread
- Oreo peppermint crunch cookies on Inside BruCrew Life
- Peppermint white chocolate cookies
- Soft peppermint sugar cookies on Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Homemade thin mint cookies
- Oreo stuffed peppermint cookies on I Am Baker
- Andes mint chocolate chunk cookies
- Peppermint candy cane Christmas cookies on Number 2 Pencil
- Peppermint meltaway cookies on Cooking Classy
- Mocha mint chocolate chunk cookies
Totally Easy Christmas Cookies
- No-bake chocolate peanut butter and oatmeal cookies on Brown Eyed Baker
- Red velvet whoopie pies (surprisingly simple and quick!)
- Classic peanut butter blossoms
- Butter almond meltaways on Back for Seconds
- Pumpkin spice thumbprints on Pass The Sushi
- Crisp molasses cookies
- Coconut macaroons (also gluten free!)
- Old-fashioned sugar cookies on The Domestic Rebel
- Chocolate chip cookie bars – easier than baking cookies and you can use red and green M&Ms instead of chocolate chips!
- Rugelach – love this stuff and I promise it’s so simple!
Iced & Frosted
- Slice and bake vanilla bean cookies with whipped buttercream on Half Baked Harvest
- Frosted chai spice snickerdoodles (I LOVE THESE.)
- Cream cheese sugar cookies (cream cheese in dough changes everything!)
- Soft frosted eggnog cookies on Life Made Sweeter
- Perfect sugar cookies on Happy Food, Healthy Life
Don’t forget the dogs!
Have a great weekend and let me know if you have any questions about my cookie recipes.
Reader Comments & Reviews
The link for the Candy Cane Kiss Cookie doesn’t work.
Hi Eileen, we actually just republished the recipe for Candy Cane Kiss Cookies today — very similar to the original, but with a few tweaks to keep the dough from over spreading. Hope you’ll give them a try!
What a wealth of cookie recipes to try! Thank you for this compilation. I was just looking for something cute to make for the cookie sale at my little one’s playschool and I will def go for the Funfetti cookies. Who does not love sprinkles?!
Wow, these all look so incredible! I don’t know which to make first!
Yummy. Thanks so much for sharing.
Thank you so much for this great list, Sally!!!
This is a great list of cookies, Thanks for compiling the list for the rest of us!
Yay! Where do I even start? Thanks for the round up.