50 Christmas Cookie Recipes

50+ Christmas Cookie recipes including decorated sugar cookies, biscotti, linzer cookies, no-bake cookies, peanut butter cookies, red velvet cookies, chocolate cookies, snowball cookies, molasses cookies, and more!! Cookie recipes on sallysbakingaddiction.com

Everyone is always chatting about cheese boards for entertaining, but I’m over here like… what about COOKIE boards? They’d be much more popular. 😉

Anyway!! Will you just look at all these cookies? Today I have a list for you to (1) build the ultimate cookie platter for your holiday entertaining (2) find Christmas cookie recipes to bake and (3) find Christmas cookie recipes to EAT.

You’ve got your baking cut out for you for the next few weeks!

Classic Christmas Cookies

1) Linzer Cookies
2) Peanut Butter Blossoms
3) Rugelach
4) Snowballs
5) Gingerbread Men
6) Soft Molasses Cookies
7) Crisp Molasses Cookies
8) Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
9) Decorated Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
10) Snickerdoodles (no dough chilling)
11) Classic Peanut Butter Cookies

Super Festive Christmas Cookies

12) Snowmen Sugar Cookies
13) Cream Cheese Stuffed Red Velvet Cookies
14) Brown Butter Sugar Cookies
15) Red Velvet Whoopie Pies (no dough chilling)
16) Cinnamon Roll Cookies
17) Cake Batter Chocolate Chip Cookies
18) Christmas Cookie Sparkles (short dough chilling)
19) Candy Cane Kiss Cookies

No Chill/Quick Christmas Cookies

20) Mini M&M Cookies
21) Peanut Butter Cup Surprise Monster Cookies
22) Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
23) Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches (like Nutter Butters!)
24) Cream Cheese Sugar Cookies (use festive sprinkles!)

Allergy-Friendly Christmas Cookies

25) No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Snowballs (nut free + GF, but make sure oats are certified GF)
26) Maple Almond Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
27) Coconut Macaroons (nut free + GF)
28) Chocolate Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies (make sure oats are certified GF)
29) Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (make sure oats are certified GF)

Chocolate Lovers Christmas Cookies

30) Dark Chocolate Cranberry Almond Cookies
31) Striped Fudge Cookie Sandwiches
32) Peppermint Mocha Cookies
33) Dark Chocolate Orange Biscotti (no dough chilling)
34) Chocolate Dipped Almond Biscotti (no dough chilling)
35) Chocolate Turtle Cookies
36) Homemade Thin Mint Cookies

White Chocolate Lovers Christmas Cookies

37) White Chocolate Chai Snickerdoodles
38) White Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Cookies
39) White Chocolate Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti (no dough chilling)
40) Maple Cinnamon Stars (dipped in white chocolate!)
41) Holiday Style Magic 5 Cookies!
42) Peppermint White Chocolate Cookies
43) Biscoff White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies (no dough chilling)

Shortbread / Slice & Bake

44) Brown Sugar Shortbread
45) Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies
46) Cherry Almond Shortbread Cookies
47) Salted Chocolate Pistachio Shortbread (no dough chilling)
48) Dark Chocolate Orange Slice & Bake Cookies
49) Toasted Hazelnut Slice & Bake Cookies with Milk Chocolate
50) Funfetti Slice & Bake Cookies

And this ends the 5th annual cookie palooza!

Funfetti Slice and Bake Cookies on sallysbakingaddiction.com

Craving more? Here are 50+ Christmas Cookies with recipes from around the web included!

Mailing cookies? Here is the BEST way to ship cookies.

Planning ahead? Here is how to freeze cookie dough.

50 Christmas Cookie recipes including decorated sugar cookies, biscotti, linzer cookies, no-bake cookies, peanut butter cookies, red velvet cookies, chocolate cookies, snowball cookies, molasses cookies, and more!! Cookie recipes on sallysbakingaddiction.com

Comments

1. Debbi C. on December 9, 2017 at 12:29 am

Beautiful cookies!  Wish I could bake like I used to…I’ve lost my baking mojo…the Linzer cookies are gorgeous!

2. Maria on December 9, 2017 at 5:26 am

Thank you for all the recipe choices! Your pictures are beautiful. I’m with you regarding the cookie board, cookies are the BEST!

3. Lynda on December 9, 2017 at 9:13 am

Thank you so much for gf recipes! Merry Christmas!

4. Jenna on December 9, 2017 at 9:17 am

I just want to make everything on this list!! I can’t wait to try the seriously soft molasses cookies. Gorgeous pics as always 🙂

5. Bedet Corpuz on December 9, 2017 at 9:20 am

Thank you✌ for this list. Now all i have to do is pick which one to bake for christmas

6. Kari Lieber on December 9, 2017 at 9:38 am

Inspiring, for sure!  We’re snowed in here in Atlanta, so cookie baking & decorating begins today!

7. Dragana M. on December 9, 2017 at 9:53 am

Thank you for this post, Sally!

8. Kim on December 9, 2017 at 10:18 am

This is somewhat ironic—a couple of days ago I was looking on Pinterest to find some pictures of cookie boards! From one of your posts I ordered the champagne bottle oven mitts for myself and daughters in laws from Anthropologie. I like your taste. I’m making the soft ginger snickerdoodles and cranberry orange loaves this season.

9. Patricia @Sweet and Strong on December 9, 2017 at 10:25 am

Cookie Boards > than cheese boards for sure!  I also saw this yesterday about building the ultimate Sundae Board, https://www.tastingtable.com/cook/national/holiday-dessert-ideas-jenis-ice-cream

10. Andrea on December 9, 2017 at 10:25 am

I would so rather see a cookie board than a cheese board.

11. Marilu on December 9, 2017 at 3:03 pm

Hi Sally! I love all these cookie choices! I do a chocolate cookie every year, and for the past two years,  I’ve done your Double Chocolate Crinkle Cookies (they are absolutely fantastic!). I’m wondering if I should do your Brownie Walnut Chunk Cookies instead this year. I know it’s a personal decision, but I just can’t make up my mind and I only do one completely chocolate cookie and do six batches of other cookies. This year, I’m also doing your Christmas Cookie Sparkles, Mini M&M Cookies, Brown Sugar Shortbread, one of your white chocolate cookies, and two other recipes of my own that are tried and true (a chocolate chip biscotti and a peppermint marshmallow cornflakechocolate chip cookie ).

12. Mason on December 9, 2017 at 3:37 pm

Yummy! SO excited to get baking! Thank you, Sally! 🙂

13. Lannon on December 9, 2017 at 4:33 pm

Your slice-and-bakes are so gorgeous!!❤️

14. Lora on December 9, 2017 at 5:05 pm

My vote for your next cookbook is Sally’s CHRISTMAS Addiction!

• Sally on December 10, 2017 at 6:43 pm

Oh my oh my! That’s a fun idea 🙂

15. Barbara on December 10, 2017 at 6:51 am

So many yummy cookies and so little time! In glancing through all the cookie names on your lists, I do not see a recipe for Springerle, the German anise cookies that use a special rolling pin. It was such a favorite when we were growing up, but hard to find. (Did find a bakery in Indiana that will accept online orders during the Holidays.) Perhaps, you have a recipe to share? Thanks for all the cookie inspirations!

• Sally on December 10, 2017 at 6:41 pm

Hi Barbara! I’m so sorry, I don’t have a recipe for springerle– and, in fact, I’ve never tasted it before! I bet it’s wonderful.

16. Liz B. on December 10, 2017 at 7:35 am

I can’t wait! My Cookie Baking Rampage™ is this upcoming weekend, and I certainly plan to utilize more than a few of these!

17. Pam on December 10, 2017 at 11:42 am

Sally, I`m in the middle of a baking bonanza, all inspired by you and your wonderful recipes. You make it so easy for us to knock it out of the park and bring sugar joy to others for the holidays. I tried your oatmeal chocolate chip from your new cookie cookbook, and it turned ME into an oatmeal cookie fan! They are delicious! I`ve baked your red velvet cream cheese stuffed cookie and it is getting raves. I live your cut out sugar cookie recipe, always a hit, and just finished with my spin on decorations. Your molasses ginger cookies which I love are out of the oven, and I even stuffed some with the same as your red velvet, and they are quite tasty. I`ve also done a chai spice snickerdoodle which just tastes like the holidays. Thank you for another palooza and all the encouragement, fun, and inspiration. Simply the best!

18. Sylvie the French on December 11, 2017 at 4:17 pm

Thanks Sally for these delicious recipes. I made the sugar cookies (with orange and cinamon). It’s delicious. But I’m not very talented with the royal icing… my cookies was not very beautiful (sylchanco on instagram).
    I will try other recipes. With your recipes and your advice, the pastry is easier.

19. Jo on December 13, 2017 at 6:12 pm

This is so handy, definitely will try some of these out! 🙂

20. Amy Grossman on December 14, 2017 at 12:26 pm

Hi Sally, I love a cookie board even more then a cheese board. I’m deciding what cookies to bake for gifts, so many wonderful choices, how to choose? What are your top five favorites?

21. Deb Heerkens on December 14, 2017 at 7:08 pm

These cookies look absolutely delicious and very easy to follow. I do not bake like I used to but my granddaughter has come of age to teach, she is 5 and tends to be interested so of course Grandma will oblige. I taught my son how to cook at the age of 8 and up and he turned out to be an accomplished chef. I have got to say that out of all the bakers on the net I tend to keep going to you. I think you are one of the best. Thank you so much for all of your hard work.

• Sally on December 15, 2017 at 8:51 am

Thank you so much Deb, I really appreciate this comment! I think it’s important to start kids in the kitchen at a young age so they enjoy different foods and the process of cooking together.

22. Michelle on December 15, 2017 at 6:54 am

Fantastic list, thank you for sharing! Can’t wait to get started on some of these 🙂

23. Rebecca on December 16, 2017 at 5:14 pm

Which recipe is that delicious-looking chocolate/white chocolate/green-and-red-something one at the top of the second photo?

24. Mary on December 20, 2017 at 3:15 pm

Hi sally! Love all your recipes. I’m making the peppermint mocha cookies and the white chocolate peppermint cookies today. They taste delish but for some reason these two recipes the cookies did not spread at all. They came out of the oven looking basically like the balls that they went in as. Any tips or ideas on where I went wrong?? Thanks!

• Sally on December 20, 2017 at 5:22 pm

Hi Mary! Are you spooning and leveling the flour? Make sure you’re not over-measuring it.

25. Lauren C on December 20, 2017 at 3:48 pm

Made these for my children’s teachers for Christmas. My husband has stolen quite a few! He LOVES them…and he is hard to please!

Reviews